Sunday, February 7, 2010

Why Worry?

Friendship is a powerful thing. Whether we have many friends or few, we were created for relationships. The people we call friends hold a tremendous amount of power over us. Since we are social creatures, those we spend the most time with heavily influence us- either for good or evil.



When I think of friends, my mind immediately goes to Kalee, my best friend while growing up. Kalee and I met in the seventh grade, and we continued as best friends all through high school. We did everything together. She played soccer and track. While I did not play soccer with her I did cheerleading and track. So every spare moment we had was spent together hanging out at one another’s house. We spent hours about talking about life, boys, school, other friends, family, and much more. We did fun things together as well as having the time of our lives.


We loved to hang out overnight at each other’s houses. One night Kalee came over to play Monopoly, and we stayed up late to finish the game. At three o clock in the morning we finally decided to go to sleep, but instead told stories until our loud giggling woke up my mom. She marched in the room and began angrily addressing us. While she was yelling, I sat down on the couch and accidentally landed on a big bag of potato chips. Crutch! Kalee keeled over in laughter, and soon mom and I were laughing hysterically too. It is these kinds of fun memories that I think of when I think of friends. Kalee and I had spent years building this friendship. Even if I would have pushed Kalee away, she loved me enough to be there when I decided I needed her in my life. She proved to be one of the best friends a girl could ever have.



Friendships are important because life is too short to worry about getting in trouble with mom like we did that one night. Life is about making memories and having fun with the people who care most about you.



Word of wisdom: life is too short to spend worrying simple things in life are usually more satisfying

3 comments:

Earl said...

I wish i had friends.im joking...or am I? no but seriously I know how it feels to just have a buddy to chill with, me and my roommates are cool but sometimes I like going back home and just hang out with some high school friends and stuff.

Earl said...

I wish i had friends.im joking...or am I? no but seriously I know how it feels to just have a buddy to chill with, me and my roommates are cool but sometimes I like going back home and just hang out with some high school friends and stuff.

Cap'n Fatback said...

Nice post. I like the detail here. Crunch indeed. My brother and I shared a room growing up (I'm nineteen months his senior), and we'd often get the late-night giggles instead of going to sleep. And, boy, we'd push it until we'd hear the heavy footsteps of my father plodding extra-loudly down the hall to scare us into silence. Good times.

Quick! Somebody agree to be Earl's friend! He's so desperate that he's double-posting!